Venice, FL – Monday, July 26, 2021 – The VCO is pleased to provide our latest Fall 2021 updates;
– Begin Saturday, Aug 21st, SCF Venice Campus, 9:30-11:30am. Bldg 800 (large bldg at South end of large parking lot).
– All string players (violin, viola, cello & bass) are welcome to join us!
FALL MUSICAL SELECTIONS:
Our director/conductor, Dave O’Fallon, has chosen some pieces composed by historically significant ‘string’ composers;
- Bach Brandenburg #3
- Mozart Allegro from Serenade No. 1
- Mendelssohn Fingal’s Cave
- Bizet’s Farandole
- Two Piazzolla pieces; Oblivion & Libertango (in observance of his centennial this year)
- Vivaldi’s “Winter”
- Highlights from the Messiah
- Away in a Manger (Wonderful holiday arrangement)
- O Come O Come Emmanuel (another Wonderful holiday arrangement)
- Season of Carols (several traditional selections for our holiday performances!)
PERFORMANCES (SO FAR):
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving Luncheon – Barring any unforeseen COVID related circumstances, VCO will be continuing our longstanding performance tradition.
- St. Mark’s Community Holiday Dinner – The VCO will be continuing another tradition, playing for their December Holiday themed dinner.
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Winter/Spring Concert Series – Once again, VCO is planning on performing for their Spring concert series (probably late Feb or Mar).
- Large Holiday Concert – TBD. We’re speaking to 1-2 organizations and welcome your help in finding the right opportunity.
- Spring Concert – Again, TBD. Pretty early and already starting to plan!!!