The Venice Community Orchestra (VCO) was organized in 2011, by founder and cellist, John Mabardi, to provide a place for players of all ages and levels, from retired professionals to beginning amateurs, to have fun making music together. Today the orchestra is composed of 20 musicians who rehearse weekly at The State College of Florida (SCF) Venice Campus. “There are no auditions required to join us, just the desire to enjoy making music together,” the retired corporate executive noted. “Our association with SCF Music will be a wonderful experience for our players.”
The VCO provides a venue for musicians of all levels to play in a symphonic orchestra; no audition required. Experience has showed that we attract and welcome:
- The more mature and professionally retired player who once played well in a prominent orchestra but wants to maintain his/her skills;
- The pro who simply enjoys playing while helping others develop musical skill;
- The beginner who can learn alongside skilled players;
- The younger musician who aspires to become a pro musician, and;
- The inveterate amateur who simply likes to play.
- The VCO welcomes all players regardless of training, performance level, age, race, national origin, or religion.
- Currently we are in need of violinists, violists, cellists and a bassist.
- Click here for the rehearsal schedules.
- There are no auditions; please just fill out the short form below so that we might better welcome you. We will reply to your e-mail promptly.